Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rak'Shiri Tribute



Years ago, when I first decided to play World of Warcraft, there was a very specific creature that enticed me to play a hunter over all the other classes. I was so close to playing a feral druid because of the ability to change into a cat, but the Aqua Saber, Rak’Shiri stole my heart. I wanted this cat more than anything in the game, and was driven to make my dream a reality.

He was level 57 rare elite, and I only just starting, knew it was going to be a long grind, but never knew how long of a hunt. I envied the one other hunter I saw that had him (at least he said ‘This is Rak’Shiri, the rare one’), but seeing the saber up close, and right next to me made me even more determined.

I pushed and pushed, and eventually hit level 57, and the moment I did was out in Winterspring searching for my own Aqua Saber. It took a full week, and many devoted hours, but I finally did tame Rak’shiri after some intense moments involving falling off a cliff and fighting multiple sabers. That itself is a story in its own.

Ever since that tame Rak’shiri has always been a constant companion to my hunter, and a reminder of putting your mind and heart into your goals will pay off. He has become a part of Astratia’s character that I can’t envision her without him. He himself has taken on a character of his own, and even my guildmates and friends have come to recognize him as more than just a buff.

When I see Rak’Shiri I imagine a constant companion, never wavering. He emits the ‘strong silent’ demeanor, with a protective edge for his huntress. Bold, wise, and strong both mentally and physically, he’s a creature to be respected. His holds himself with pride, and has a regal air about him. He’s not an arrogant saber, but rather kind and charming to those he likes, and is a pleasure to be around for even those who are not his huntress. Though if you dare bring harm to any he cares for, he’s a deadly adversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment